How to Prepare a Delicious Mustard Tarragon Butter Sauce
Here you have a simple but delicious pan sauce that can be served with grilled boneless chicken breasts or a fresh piece of fish. The combination of mustard with chopped tarragon and butter works perfectly for preparing this extremely easy sauce.
Mustard Tarragon Butter Sauce Recipe
- 12 ounces chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons shallots minced
- 8 ounces butter unsalted, divided
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon chopped
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Reduce the chicken stock in a saucepan by one half.
- In another pan sauté the shallots in 1 ounce of the butter. Return the remaining butter to the fridge until needed.
- Add the vermouth and reduce to a syrupy consistency.
- Add the cream and reduce by half.
- Add the reduced chicken stock.
- Stir in the tarragon and mustard.
- Lower the heat and whisk in the remaining butter in increments until incorporated.
- Season with salt and white pepper.