Paprika is ground red peppers. There are sweet and hot varieties. Hungarian paprika is considered the best but Spanish paprika is excellent as well.
How to Prepare Paprika Sauce
Best Served With: chicken recipes or over a bed of noodles.
Paprika Sauce Recipe
- In a saucepan reduce the chicken stock by half.
- In another pan sauté the shallots in the butter for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the wine and reduce to a syrupy consistency. Add the chicken stock, bay leaves, thyme and paprika.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Strain the sauce. Return it to the pan and stir in the sour cream.
- Finish with the parsley, salt and pepper.